Now hiring: an amazing designer and illustrator!
We are looking for an amazing graphic designer and illustrator to bring future issues of the Goodnewsletter to life.
You will work primarily on the Goodnewspaper, overseeing all-things visual. This includes creating large and small illustrations, flowing text, communicating visual and technical requirements for advertisers, curating photography, and concepting spreads.
We're seeking someone passionate about telling stories of the good in the world.
This is not a full-time job, but rather a paid, contracted freelance opportunity.
- Make the Goodnewspaper beautiful!
- Brainstorm new ideas, layouts and graphics
- Work within deadlines
- Work with a wide range of media including illustration, typography, and photography
- Work as a part of a small team with our writers, editor, publisher, advertisers, and contributors
- Display empathy, cultural-sensitivity, and desire for inclusion
- Proven Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign experience with a great portfolio
- Proven illustration experience (ideally a clean, simple style)
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability, and originality
- Ability to interact, communicate, and present ideas
- Self-starter and willingness to work independently and communicate digitally
- Professionalism regarding time, costs, and deadlines
- Passion for celebrating the good in the world
WOULD BE NICE
- Previous experience in an editorial setting
- Lives in Nashville, Tennessee
- Has been following along with Good Good Good for a while
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and link to your portfolio and relevant experience (illustrations and any prior editorial experience) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'll be reviewing applications beginning June 1st.