Even when you work with someone every day, it can be hard to pinpoint a perfect present for your employees and coworkers.
When 40% of corporate gifts end up in landfills each year, there’s added pressure to find a thoughtful gift that the recipient actually needs in their office or home.
We scoured the web and found the best eco-friendly gifts for your coworkers, and did our homework to ensure that these businesses are creating ethical, environmentally-friendly products and donating to good causes around the world.
Whether you need a birthday gift for your cubicle mate or you’re looking for a sweet surprise to ship your favorite Slack chat, we’ve got you covered.
By the way, some of the products and links in this article are affiliates, which means we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Everything in this article was independently and honestly written by the Good Good Good team. Thank you for your support!
Eco-Friendly Gift Picks for Your Coworkers or Employees
It’s easy for lunch clutter to cause a tupperware pile-up in the office sink. Bee’s Wrap is a reusable and biodegradable alternative to plastic wrap that helps keep food fresh without wasting plastic.
Bee’s Wrap comes in an assorted three-pack of wraps in sizes small, medium, and large — all in a variety of beautifully illustrated designs.
- Each wrap can last up to a year or longer and is 100% home-compostable after use
- The “vegan” option is made from responsibly sourced beeswax or plant-based wax, certified organic plant oil and cotton, and tree resin
- The brand partners with non-profit organizations like Sustainable Coastlines Hawaii and Parley to actively remove plastic from the oceans and coastlines
Grosche Stainless Steel Bottle
Each bottle comes with an Infuser that can be used for infusing tea leaves, coffee grounds, or fruit. The insulated body keeps hot drinks warm for 12 hours and cold drinks cool for an entire day.
- Since 2010, Grosche has begun water purification installations in South Sudan, Uganda, Malawi, India, Pakistan, and The Philippines
- Groshe is B Corp-certified
Explorer Cold Brew Coffee
Everyone takes their coffee a different way, but Explorer’s Cold Brew Coffee might just unite the whole office. The organic, fair-trade, and sustainably sourced coffee comes in an array of bundles, sizes, and levels of caffeine.
- An LGBTQ+ owned, sustainable business
- Explorer offsets all shipping emissions
- Through a partnership with charity: water, every box of cold brew sold provides clean water access to an individual in need for a month
Stasher Reusable Silicone Sandwich Bag
They’re perfect for anyone bringing lunch to the office, or taking brownies home from the office holiday party. They’re also safe to use in the microwave, dishwasher, freezer, and even in the oven.
- Plastic-free packaging
- 1% For the Planet member
- Carbon-neutral shipping
- Although the bags are meant to last a lifetime, they can be safely disposed of through Stasher’s repurposing program
Aya Paper Co. Slim Refillable Pen
Finding a working pen at the office can sometimes feel impossible, especially when low-ink pens get mixed in with a fresh supply. These sleek, high-quality pens from Aya Paper Company are refillable for reuse so you’ll never have to toss them away.
Also, they come in black and gold designs, complete with motivating inscriptions about intention and manifestation to help you ride out a midday slump.
- A Black-owned, sustainable business with “the well-being of the earth” always at the forefront of their mission
- 100% recycled products
- Carbon-neutral shipping on all orders
Shop: Aya Paper Co.
FinalStraw Reusable Straw
Most modern workplaces have caught on to the environmental dangers of single-use plastics, but some bamboo and paper straws never seem to last.
Thankfully, FinalStraws, which are made from a combination of silicone and stainless steel, provide a more comfortable, long-lasting alternative.
Each straw comes with a telescoping cleaning brush to keep it clean for repeated use. And although some straws can be annoying to carry to and from the office, these straws are collapsible and easy to attach to a pair of car keys.
- Plastic-free packaging
- Comes with a case made from post-consumer recycled plastic
- FinalStraw is “1% For the Planet” certified and donates at least 1% of its annual revenue to environmental organizations
Confidant Hardcover Notebook
Baronfig publishes a line of notebooks designed for planning, recipe-keeping, gaming, coding, and everything in between.
Their best-seller, the Confidant, is a clothbound hardcover notebook that comes in three varying sizes. It’s the perfect gift for the coworker with thoughts spilling out of their head faster than they can write them down.
- For every Confidant notebook sold, Baronfig plants a tree
- The company pledges to “leave the earth better than we found it”
- Baronfig is a small business that is 100% employee-owned
→ While you’re at it, check out the best self-care journals and planners!
BiEnergo Rice Husk Coffee Cup
Cut down on coffee cup waste with this portable coffee cup made out of rice husks from BiEnergo. Although some eco-friendly coffee cups can err on the delicate side, the rice husk coffee cup is leak-proof, dishwasher safe, and microwavable.
Plus, it can be customized with an office logo (or after-office trivia team name).
- Made from renewable resources
- Each cup is compostable and can dissolve within two years of being put in the ground
- Free of BPA, melamine, and other toxins